Mar 14, 2013
Wedding speeches should all be filled with emotions, honest feelings, perfect expressions of different ideals and words of wisdom, gratitude, happiness and perfect timing. As a matter of fact, the timing is probably the hardest thing in father of the bride wedding speeches. As her father, you would most probably desire speaking for at least half an hour, but unfortunately your timeframe must be reduced and limited to 5 minutes of speaking. It may seem a lot on first sight, but experiences of people who went through their own wedding speeches reveal that this time amount is not quite enough. So how can you become the perfect organizer of your own speech to respect all timings and don’t exceed the 5 minutes, yet keep the entire meaning of the speech with all essential speech elements? It’s sometimes hard to understand but if you follow this article with attention, you might understand what it takes. Find here 25 Wedding Speech Samples for Father of the Bride
You need a lot of time management in wedding speeches. How to handle your time while preparing the father of the bride speech? Let me show you a checklist:
- Make up at least 5 different versions of your speech. And I really mean different, not like changing 1 or 2 sentences. I recommend 10 or 15 versions.
- Now, take out every version separately, turning them into final versions (details on that below).
- Review the structuring of your speech as it must contain:
- A short but to-the-point introduction greeting all guests and capturing attention
- A speech body to contain everything you’ve got to say
- Ending words of wisdom, quotes
- Toast proposal
- Check the introduction – does it seem like a real introduction to you? Would it capture your attention if you were a critic?
- Checking the speech body is very complex, but we’ll deal with that further on within this article.
- You need to carefully pick the ending words of wisdom and/or quotes you might want to read. People would appreciate your own words of wisdom but sometimes a quote is significantly better and more meaningful.
- Pick a stylish toast proposal sentencing and use it trustfully!
Of course, the ideal wedding speeches for father of the bride start the preparing process at least 2-3 weeks before the main event. You should never try doing everything on the last mile as you will probably not be able to keep the pace and not be able to come up with a good speech. More →